Developing Intervention in a Mastery Context
An exciting opportunity to explore a range of models of intervention in a mastery context and trial pre-teaching and same-day intervention strategies to enable pupils to keep up with their peers and achieve age-related expectations.
- Develop a sound understanding of what constitutes effective intervention
- Identify underlying skills and concepts to access whole class teaching and learning of mathematics
- Provide swift and effective intervention
- Develop a systematic and coherent approach to enable pupils to improve self-esteem and confidence about mathematics and to keep up
This project is directed at schools that already have a good understanding of teaching for mastery approaches. Each session will be attended by two teachers of a participating school’s chosen year group with an expectation that they liaise and develop practice in school together in between the central meetings. It is a requirement that the first session is also attended by the HT or a member of the SLT who has a direct impact on time-tabling and whole school approach to intervention.
We are facilitating two Work Groups this year - you can choose from either Cohort 1 or Cohort 2
Please note - there has been a change to the date of the first session for each cohort. Day 1 will now take place in January.
- Session 1 - Friday 10th January 2020 (09:00 - 15:00)
- Session 2 - Wednesday 12th February 2020 (09:00 - 12:30)
- Session 3 - Wednesday 1st April 2020 (09:00 - 12:30)
- Session 1 - Friday 17th January 2020 (09:00 - 15:00)
- Session 2 - Thursday 13th February 2020 (09:00 - 12:30)
- Session 3 - Thursday 2nd April 2020 (09:00 - 12:30)
In between the sessions, participants are expected to develop their own practice around intervention and work closely with their in-school co-participants to keep a reflective journal. The project lead will visit some of the project schools to support and evaluate practice in between central meetings.
Location: Avenue Primary Academy, Avenue Road, Sutton, SM2 6JE
Work Group Lead: Eva Brown
If you are interested in participating in this work group and you can commit to attend all the sessions, please contact London SW Maths Hub Administrator Lesley Dibbens by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.